Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Movies of March

Okay, since February is almost over, here's looking forward to some of March's must-see (for me) movies. I've attached trailers for all the movies so go check 'em out. The Lorax implores you!

"I speak for the trees!"

Statistically, March has always been a month for movie studios to release their duds, but I'm here to set the record straight and point you toward some legitimate cinema.  Trailers are  hyperlinked!

March 2nd: Double Feature! A Separation and Boy


Two movies about relationships, but two very different stories. A Separation technically came out last year, but it's playing at the local Bijou now, so there it is.

March 9thJiro Dreams of Sushi

        

It's a movie about exquisite craftsmanship and there's really nothing better to watch.  This one could also make a great dinner and a movie date as well.

If you're not big on fish, John Carter is being released by Disney on the same day.
The poster for John Carter from Mondo
The film is an adaptation of the first book from the Barsoom series by Edgar Rice Burroughs (the same guy who created Tarzan) about a Civil War veteran who finds himself mystically transported to Mars.  The original books inspired pretty much every fantasy series that ever followed it, including Star Wars.  Note: I already saw this movie and while it's not great, I still enjoyed seeing the story come to life.

Coincidentally, an illustration of John Carter has been the background of my phone for many months, mostly because I'm just a huge fan of Frank Frazetta's work.


March 16th: Double Feature! The Kid With a Bike and Casa De Mi Padre


Two movies with subtitles I am definitely gonna have to check out.  Yep, for sure.

March 23rdThe Raid



It's an Indonesian film about a police squadron trapped in a crack house, and it looks like a hoot for action fans.  I'm hoping this one makes it to the Bijou soon.

March 30thThe Deep Blue Sea

No, not that shark movie with Samuel L. Jackson...



 An adaptation of some play... starring Rachel Weisz you say? I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment